Monday 2 August 2010

How to be a professional magpie.

Now, I've always been someone who loves jewellery. When I was little (well, littler- I'm still only 5ft now!) I used to make those little beaded necklaces and make my own pendants out of those craft sets you could buy. Most of the jewellery I had then was bright and all the colours of the rainbow, definitely eye catching for those games of kiss chase in the playground, haha.

Claire's accessories was definitely popular when I was in my teens, it was one of the places to be and some of the more fashionista girls at my school could tell a mile away whether you had the proper pierced Claire's earrings, or were chancing it with magnetic. And now I'm older, I'm just as passionate about my jewellery- I wear my rings everywhere I go, (even the shower!) so people almost recognize them as a part of me and they've become far more special to me than just an accessory. But I've become quite picky with what I buy-I like my jewellery to be something unique, retro, vintage or just a bit quirky.

So where do you go if you want something unusual? It's fun to browse about, often in the internet or in the non-chain stores near you. I've found jewellery boutiques on the internet are perfect if you want a bracelet or brooch that nobody else is likely to have on in the high street. Often stores on sites like Etsy are made by the seller, so you're guaranteed to have something nobody else will quite have like it.

Temporary Secretary has some lovely jewellery on its site which I'd definitely recommend checking out. There's something there for every taste, whether you'd love to fall down the rabbit hole with Alice, the more girly and floral accessories, or something a little quirky like a bambi necklace.

And in honour of my blog, I've just bought a pretty damn rad moustache necklace.



Just £8.00, and I reckon having a moustache would definitely suit every outfit, haha!

Ems x

1 comment:

  1. I saw the moustache on Temp:Sec yesterday and thought of you

    Oh you'll have to pose all hipster like with it!
    x

    ReplyDelete